6 Reasons Why The Demand For Residency & Citizenship by Investment in Malaysia is Surging Amid Covid-19
With over 29 years in the business and 20+ offices worldwide, Harvey Law Group (HLG) currently offers Residency & Citizenship-by-Investment (RCBI) programs to over 20 countries globally.
Malaysia is reeling from the impact of COVID-19 and lockdown restrictions, with no clear signs of this abating in the short term. The surrounding uncertainties are leaving many to contemplate an alternative residency or citizenship. Harvey Law Group (HLG), a leading multinational investment immigration law firm has been advising on investment immigration programs since 1992 and anticipates a further surge in demand for Residency & Citizenship-by-Investment programs going forward.
The concept of Residency & Citizenship planning is still relatively new although its’ popularity is growing. An increasing cohort are initiating their investment immigration plans to traditional destinations such as New Zealand, Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom and the United States. There are now a vast number of countries globally that offer investment immigration programs whereby a foreign investor can make a specific investment into a country in exchange for residency or citizenship.
Aside from the traditional destinations, there are alternative European investment immigration programs such as Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Greece and France; most of which are via property purchases. Turkey and Montenegro, although not part of the European Union, also have attractive programs of their own.
And then, of course, there are the world-renowned direct Citizenship by Investment programs of the island countries of the Caribbean which include Antigua & Barbuda, Dominica, Grenada, St. Kitts & Nevis and Saint Lucia as well as the island country of Vanuatu located in the South Pacific Ocean. These programs offer affordable, quick and easy direct citizenship in their respective offshore tax havens with strong passports that give visa-free travel access to a multitude of popular and desirable nations worldwide while minimizing tax exposure.
Here are six (6) reasons why the demand for Residency and Citizenship-by-Investment (RCBI) programs are increasing in Malaysia:
- Business, Relocation, Expanding Your Options, Family & Children: Given unstable circumstances, businesses and families are increasingly seeking alternative options to relocate or expand their businesses and send their children overseas. Harvey Law Group (HLG) assist, every year and since 1992, hundreds of families worldwide with successful Residency & Citizenship-by-Investment applications, migration and settling into their desired destinations.
- Covid-19 & Alternative Residency & Citizenship Planning: The pandemic has accelerated the issue of choosing a new location. For those taking the decision, they are investing in an alternative citizenship or residency and thus are acquiring the “best of both worlds” so to speak. The Caribbean direct Citizenship by Investment programs offers an accelerated pathway and process for obtaining citizenship.
- Alternative Investments, Wealth Management & Protection, Diversification & Legacy Planning: Residency & Citizenship-by-Investment programs are sought-after assets and are emerging as an essential strategic investment as part of an efficient and high performing investment portfolio. The investments in most cases can be liquidated after a stipulated holding period should the investor wish to do so. All whilst obtaining an alternative residency or citizenship with all the benefits that entails. It’s about expanding your options, opening doors, extending your horizons and securing your family’s future.
- Security, Global Mobility, Visa-Free Travel, Education, Health, Quality of Life & Freedom: An alternative residency or citizenship provides a safety net, an exit strategy, wealth preservation as well as a hedge against adverse economic conditions and political uncertainties. Not only is it the ultimate luxury and status symbol; it is also security in freedom of movement, freedom of choice and quality of life. Depending on the investment immigration program chosen, investors, their spouses, their children and in some cases, extended family as well, receive additional benefits that comes with the investment: fast-track residency or citizenship, visa-free travel privileges, access to world-class education and health care systems as well as enhanced business opportunities.
- Increasingly Accessible & Affordable: It is worth noting that people investing into these programs are no longer just the high-net-worth individuals; it has become a popular commodity amongst the upper middle-class as well.
- Tax Planning, Offshore Havens, Confidentiality & Asset Management & Planning: The Caribbean Citizenship-by-Investment programs such as Antigua & Barbuda, The Commonwealth of Dominica, Grenada, St. Kitts & Nevis and St. Lucia, start from USD 100,000 – USD 150,000 onward for their respective donation options. These programs are obtained via donations to their respective National Development Funds or investments into their respective government-approved real estate projects. The secluded and beautiful tropical islands of the Caribbean are renowned offshore tax havens.
“Amid these uncertain times, it is important that we continue providing our clients with solutions. And that is providing the correct information on investment immigration programs, adhering to their requirements, delivery of world-class execution and ensuring professional guidance that translates into a successful approval. We are thankful to our clients whom have entrusted us with their confidence on the future of their businesses and families” said Mr. Jean-Francois Harvey, Founder & Global Managing Partner of HLG. “HLG is witnessing a rapid increase in demand for mobility and investment immigration programs amongst the Malaysian community and throughout all our offices worldwide in 2020. We foresee this trend to only continue. As a leader in the investment immigration industry, we hope to be able to offer alternative immigration solutions given the intensifying situation” said Mr. Bastien Trelcat, Managing Partner of HLG.
With a proven track record of over 29 years, Harvey Law Group (HLG) announced the completion of its Wan Chai, Hong Kong head office expansion to cater to the growing categories of clients and to support the progress and growing operations of more than 20 of its worldwide offices, including Malaysia. These successes marked major milestone achievements within the investment immigration industry with the number of global offices set to grow further.
About Harvey Law Group (HLG)
Harvey Law Group (HLG) is a multinational law firm specializing in corporate law and investment immigration, with a worldwide reputation for representing high-profile clients and corporations. HLG was awarded the Immigration Law Firm of The Year at the Annual Macallan ALB Hong Kong Law Awards from 2014 to 2019. As Asia’s pioneer within the Residency & Citizenship-by-Investment industry, HLG has notably been offering investment immigration services for over 29 years.
HLG is headquartered in Hong Kong with over 20 offices worldwide including Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, the Philippines, Ivory Coast, Malaysia, Indonesia, South Africa and counting. HLG is duly licensed by all investment immigration programs to promote and submit applications on behalf of investors. HLG currently offers Residency & Citizenship-by-Investment (RCBI) programs to 23 countries; notably Canada by way of the Start-Up Visa (SUV) program, Caribbean direct Citizenship by Investment (CBI) programs, Golden Visa Residency options, Thai Elite and Elite Easy Access for the leisurely and business traveler; United States and Turkey. What adds to HLG’s competitive edge is not only in the number of programs it has to offer, but the capacity to accommodate its clients in every corner of the world.